I am sharing some resources that I believe will be of impact on your life.
Yes, as the title says, to you can gain a personal MBA in 6 months, just follow my guide and read the following books below. Trust me: You can get 90% of the knowledge from reading books (and without spending $150k). So, I put together a 6-month personal MBA for you.
The 6-month curriculum is 12 books (you’ll read 2 books every month).
Subjects covered are Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Accounting/Finance, Personal Finance, Marketing, Operations, Systems Thinking, Public Speaking, Negotiation, Networking, Leadership and Productivity/Effectiveness.
You need to read the books below to give you a Personal MBA (in 6 months). Let’s go!
• Escape competition
• Contrarian approaches to create value
• Go from “0 to 1,” not “from 1 to n”
• Build minimum viable products
• When in doubt, simplify
• Win by getting feedback + learning fast
• Learn to read financial statements (Income, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow)
• Fund projects based on expected ROI
Subject: Personal Finance
• Get clear about your ‘Rich Life’
• Save and invest money before you ever see it
• Create an automated money system
• Perception is reality
• Own a word/category to boost brand
• Follow the 22 law checklist
• Identify and exploit bottlenecks
• Increase net profit + increase ROI + increase cash flow
Subject: Systems Thinking
• To change any system, focus on 12 points of leverage • Purposes are deduced from behaviour, not words • Create feedback loops
Subject: Public Speaking
• Cut out filler words by practising material
• Use pauses for impact
• Act “as if” to build confidence
Lessons: • Prepare your best-alternative-option in advance
• Let your counterpart make the first offer
• Be prepared for extremes • Ask open-ended questions
• Your network is your net worth
• Choose your environment wisely (find power centres)
• Build depth and diversity in your network
• Follow the 5+50+100 Rule
• The world is complex and chaotic
• Resiliency and adaptability are crucial to success
• Leaders create more leaders, not followers
Subject: Productivity and Effectiveness
• Money and happiness are skills
• Productize yourself
• A good reputation is invaluable
• Play long-term iterated games, compound your growth
• And much, much more…
I hope you will devote your time to the 6-month personal MBA resources above? Say a big thank you to Ben Meer on Twitter for curating them.
Good luck with your personal development.